When Bay Path opened its doors to students in downtown Springfield, MA in 1897, it had a very clear goal: to provide a practical, affordable, and career-oriented education to meet the needs of companies, organizations, and communities. From the beginning, Bay Path prided itself on being entrepreneurial, constantly pushing the boundaries of the academic experience to fit the student. To start them on the road of success. We still do.
Today, that spirit and philosophy is more important than ever in higher education. At Bay Path, it's not just the number and breadth of undergraduate and graduate programs that defines us-and we have many-but it is our ability to connect the classroom to learning to leadership to experience to career that is at the core of what we do best. We know the work that needs to be done.
Bay Path University, an independent and not-for-profit institution, was named Among Fastest Growing Baccalaureate Colleges by the Chronicle of Higher Education Almanac, and is a member of the Women's College Coalition. With a main campus in Longmeadow, MA and four satellite locations, (East Longmeadow, Sturbridge, Concord, Springfield), Bay Path offers undergraduate, graduate (for women and men) degrees, and professional certificates.
We're committed to preparing our students to navigate a constantly changing world. Whether it is one of our innovative academic programs, groundbreaking online learning platform, or through our Women as Empowered Learners and Leaders initiative, we educate our students in ways that will help them to grow, learn to adapt, and always to flourish. Be part of the change.
We invite you to visit our website at www.baypath.edu where you can learn more about Bay Path University.
- Position Code: FWCPL2
- Job Type: Full Time
- Hours: 8:00am - 4:30pm
- Schedule: Monday - Friday
- Position Location: East Longmeadow, MA
The Level II Fieldwork Assistant and Community Partnership Liaison is responsible for assisting the Director of Clinical Education and Assistant Fieldwork Coordinator and Operations Manager in securing fieldwork sites to meet the needs of the students in the OT program. In addition, the Level II Fieldwork Assistant and Community Partnership Liaison will act as a liaison, connecting current and future community partners with the OT program and University. This position may involve occasional travel to various states to establish partnerships with new fieldwork sites.
- Work with Director of Clinical Education and Assistant Fieldwork Coordinator and Operations Manager to develop new Level II affiliation sites, including but not limited to internet search for new sites, phone and email correspondences, initiate and maintain contact with the administrator/rehab director/clinical education coordinator, or on-site supervisor.
- Maintain communication with students during the fieldwork process, including but not limited to meeting with students relative to fieldwork interests, informing students of requirements needed for Level II fieldwork, and keeping students up to date with placement information.
- Work with Fieldwork Administrative Assistant to establish, maintain and update fieldwork memorandum of understanding as necessary.
- Participate in the maintenance of fieldwork files and fieldwork management software.
- Assist in the collection, analysis and dissemination of student information to fieldwork sites/supervisors.
- Facilitate communication between current community partners, including such things as public relation matters, site staffing/funding needs, and site specific operational concerns needing program/University attention.
- Establish new community partnerships as the need arises to meet OT fieldwork demands and support OT fieldwork and program goals.
- Provide direct services and/or supervision of students within established community-based sites as needed to support fieldwork clinicians.
- Attend meetings and trainings as required by the University.
- Earned degree in occupational therapy.
- Maintain OT license to practice in MA and CT.
- Valid US Driver's License.
- Must satisfactorily complete the safe driving course within 30-days of hire. Must submit to and successfully pass the DMV record check at time of hire and annually thereafter.
- If you operate a University owned, leased or personal vehicle at any time while performing your duties you must follow all policies and procedures outlined in the Operations Manual. You must have a valid US driver's license and must successfully pass the online safe Driving Course and driving record check at time of hire and annually thereafter. Additionally, you must report any driving offense, on or off company time, which causes a loss, suspension, or any other change in your license status. You must report this change within one business day of the offense. You can report this change to the Human Resource Department or your direct supervisor. Failure to do so can lead to disciplinary action, up to and including terminations.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with faculty, students, staff, and administration.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple responsibilities and adhere to deadlines.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products including Word and Excel.
- Ability to adhere to University policies and procedures.
- Ability to handle confidential information with discretion and within FERPA and HIPPA guidelines.
- Should be committed to a culture of diversity, respect and inclusion; demonstrated ability to build working relationships with people having a wide variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and experiences different from ones' own.
- General knowledge of the University's mission, purpose, and goals and the role this position plays in achieving those goals.
Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Bay Path University is a diverse community devoted to proactively nurturing a campus-wide culture that promotes and ensures respect, inclusion and safety for all members regardless of race, color, national origin, age, gender, religion, sexual orientation and gender identity, socio-economic background, or physical ability. We are one University that opens our hearts and minds to conversations, to learning and to creating a community that is welcoming of all. Regardless of position, it is expected that each employee will embrace this commitment and demonstrate an attitude of respect toward and acceptance of all members of our community.
Bay Path University is a smoke- and tobacco-free community.
All offers of employment are contingent on satisfactory background checking.
Applicants for this position should attach a cover letter, resume / curriculum vitae, the contact information for four (4) professional, work related references and any other relevant information pertaining to this position and your candidacy. Please apply online. Faxes and emails will not be accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, Bay Path University is committed to fostering diversity in its student body, faculty, and staff.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/pmqkjk76w58fmwq8